Farm Veterinary Surgeon
Focus Farm Vets is a recently established independent farm animal only practice looking for a fifth vet to add to our growing, tight-knit team. We thrive on the close relationships we build with farmers, encouraging continuity of care to ensure the best possible service. Ideally full time, but part time for the right person/people.
We're recently moved to a new premises.
- salary package negotiable and dependent on experience.
- OOH: 1 in 5 weekends with one regular week night
- predominantly cattle work (mix of dairy and beef) with some sheep and smallholders.
- easiscanners, totalvet, vetimpress, cow tipper crush for feet and surgery (penile/teat/caesareans), bull and ram fertility kit.
- vet techs for help on farm.
- fantastic clients to work with.
- your interests encouraged and your business input valued and listened to.
- we're as flexible as possible with hours; encouraging you to run your own diary. Your wellbeing is important to us.
Interested? Please ring/message for a confidential chat with Emma: 07725569055 or email email@example.com.
We offer EMS placements to veterinary students in years 4 and 5. Interest in livestock is essential; we will endeavour to make your time with us as useful as possible in developing both your practical skills and knowledge base. Own transport is an advantage. Please send us a copy of your CV on application or ring us to book in an appointment with Emma. We do not provide accommodation for students, but there are plenty of options locally.
Work experience students must be 18 or over. It is essential that applicants have some experience of working with livestock, particularly cattle, before seeing practice with us. All students will be asked to an interview prior to acceptance. This is to ensure we keep you safe, as working with livestock can be dangerous. Students must bring with them appropriate protective clothing.